Sunday, August 6, 2017

Summer In The City

I checked two more things off my Jacksonville bucket list this weekend.

Bucket List Item #1

Visit Friendship Fountain.

I had heard about this "spectacular" fountain from a friend in Orlando,
but I'll admit, I didn't really know where it was
OR how to find it.

Google to the rescue and today it was close to where we were already.


The fountain is pretty. There's no doubt about that.
But, I think it is the view of the city that is what all the hype is about
AND it's right next to the iconic "blue" bridge.

Item #2 on the bucket list has to do with the bridge.
Ever since we moved to Jacksonville I have had a goal of walking (or biking) across the blue bridge.

The first time we rode our bikes there from our apartment.
It's a bit of a ride and then . . . the bridge sidewalk was closed for construction.
BUMMER!

It's been closed every weekend since then for electrical and bridge support maintenance.

Today it was open.
We walked!
Oh yeah we did!

The view from the river walk leading to the bridge.

The bridge is officially the John T. Alsop, Jr. bridge,
but if you call it that NOBODY will know what you are talking about.
It is the "Main Street bridge" or THE BLUE BRIDGE.

The view from the top looking west over Jacksonville Landing.
The view looking east ....The Florida Theatre
I even made a selfie while we were walking.
It's my first selfie ever.
I'ma lookin' pretty darn good!

7 comments:

  1. Crossing two items off of your list in short order is fantastic - it looks like a nice place to visit. ❤️ your selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lookin dam good! Looks like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fun way to spend the afternoon. Great views!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful place to visit! I love the selfie-great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you live in such a fun place and I like your doable goals. That is what I could do!! Lovely photos and what blue skies you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fountains. And bridges. Sounds like a good day!

    And you should ask at the DMV if you can use your selfie on your license ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete