Sunday, August 13, 2017

Stash Acquisition

When I decided that I wanted to go up to Savannah to The Frayed Knot,
it was to look for one of these.
It is a sock kit from Heidi and Lana

I bought one of the sock kits.
And, then I bought a whole lot more.

But, let's start with the sock kit.
This is what was inside the corrugated packaging.

You get some lovely merino/nylon sock yarn.
The colorway I bought is Foliage.

You get a pattern for shortie socks,
but there is enough yarn to make any kind of socks you like.
You get 100 grams/420 yards.

I'm thinking maybe Nutkin or Cascading Leaves.

I will definitely be giving the shorties a try, but I'll use a yarn in my stash,
one that has shorter yardage.

You also get a pair of footie sock blockers,
some cards to keep track of your rows,
and a card with a stitch marker, a progress keeper, and a darning needle.

But, wait!
There's more.

I was also looking for some sock minis to put in my scrappy blanket.
The shop was thin on the ground for minis.
There were only two colorways available and I already had the other one.
So . . . one came home.
It's an eye searing peachy orange called ... NEON peach.
That should add a happy pop of color on my blanket.

I wasn't going to go to the other yarn store in Savannah,
but since our walking-around time was cut short by a massive thunderstorm,
we did go to Unwind.

There was much yarn success there.
Cascade Heritage Silk Prints in the colorway:  9808 Desert (Left)
Lang Mille Colori Baby in the colorway: 84575

Mountain Colors Twizzlefoot in the colorway:  Winterberry

I'm sensing a theme here with these last purchases.
I think I'm ready for some cooler weather of autumn and winter.

8 comments:

  1. I am such a sucker for kits! You can sell me anything if you put it in a pretty wrapper and call it a kit. Those yarns are all fabulous. I am in the mood for fall colors myself. I've been good at not starting anything until the summer projects are cleared up but I am itching to cast on a big comfy cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may have the blues.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous yarn purchases! The little sock blockers are cute as can be. Wow, that neon yarn will definitely add a pop of color to your blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-it is so tempting to sit and do nothing but knit up those socks! Great sock kits-I love all the pretties in one pkg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, nice array of inspiration :) Makes me want to go to a knit store to shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you hit the jackpot! I love the packaging of the sock kit - I'm a sucker for unique presentations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous acquisitions and enhancements Dee. I love all the yarn you got. What fun! I've been meaning to make Nutkin for some time - it would look great in fall colors. Falling leaves looks really pretty too (and no longer available:(). what are you going to knit first???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had some real yarny fun! Too bad Georgia is so far away.....

    ReplyDelete