Saturday, August 12, 2017

Savannah

The plan for today was to head up to Savannah, Georgia
to visit The Frayed Knot.

They had an interesting sock kit on their Instagram feed
and I just had to check it out for myself.

Wouldn't it have been nice to have taken some photos of the shop for you.
Yeah ...........it would have been.
Unfortunately, I was overcome by wool fumes and totally lost all reason and sense.

I did NOT forget to buy yarn.
I'll tell you all about it (and show it to you) when I get some good photos.
It's dark now.
Too dark.

So .........you'll have to just make do with the photos I DID remember to take.

Like lunch . . .
Ya think they enjoy their job?

These are the folks that made me the most delicious sandwich in the world.
It's right up there with DiNic's roast pork and broccoli rabe sandwich
and that's saying a lot ---- the DiNic's sandwich was voted best in the world by the Food Network.

But, back to today.
I'm not exactly sure what the sandwich was made from ---- beef, pork,
and some other stuff --- some coriander and cilantro,
a crunchy roll and a whole lot of fun and sillyness (see photo above).

The store's motto is "shit yeah"!

The sandwich is the Boerewors sandwich - a South African sausage
with grilled veggies and some kind of dressing.

Absolutely delicious!
And served with a heapin' helpin' of nice!

It's a tiny little hole in the wall and you have to sit outside
(remember it's southern Georgia and it's August).

Yes, we made the sacrifice (and sweat) . . . it was THAT good.


Some walkin' was need to work off a sandwich that big.

Can you think of anything more quintessential Savannah
than a horse and carriage and mossy draped oaks?
Me either.

But, the money shot for me was this one.

I think maybe they COULD fix a broken heart
and maybe, just MAYBE sharpen your wit 
while they tended to your scissors.


Stay tuned:  The NEXT blog post will be chock full of yarny goodness.

8 comments:

  1. OMG - that sandwich looks like to die for. YUM. Can't wait to see what you got! A fun Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day. Sometimes those little holes in the wall are the best! Dave and I had a special one when we first started dating. It was called Arnold's and it was run by the sweetest old Greek couple. Back in it's heyday, it had roller-waitresses with service to your car, but by the early 2000s, it was just a greasy little dive. But they served the best food. Unfortunately, they sold the property and retired (they so deserved it though) and the spot has condos now. We really miss our onion rings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good golly that sandwich looks yummy. I'm going to dream about it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...between the horse and carriage, mossy draped oaks and the yummy looking sandwich...I don't think I would have wanted to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bradley's would be a fun shop to visit - I love their sign!

    I'm glad you enjoyed your road trip and shared your lunch and walk, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOh- that sandwich shop sounds right up my alley. I love a good sandwich and then they go and add some crusty bread, I am there!
    Excited to see the yarny goodness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, your sandwich looks delicious. It is great to see such happy workers. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to have a day trip! That town is always a great visit ! The sandwich looks great but I would love to take my scissors to such a neat store!

    ReplyDelete