Thursday, August 10, 2017

Perfection ---

Perfection is the hobgoblin of productivity.

Two nights ago I tucked myself into bed at a decent hour. Contrary to most nights, I fell asleep pretty quickly. Unfortunately, within a couple of hours I was wide awake again. This seems to be how it goes a lot of nights.

Since I was awake, I figured I would rock in the rocking chair and knit a little bit. 

I knit and I examined my sock.
It looked kind of big.
Maybe a bit too big.

I wonder how that other sock-in-progress looked.
Hmmmm...the gusset on that one looks a little wonky.

The next sock may (or may not) have had some uneven stitches.
It's hard to say for sure in a dim light at 3 AM .

Within about 30 minutes all of the socks save one had been frogged.
It was not my finest hour nor, by the light of day, my wisest decision.
There you have it.
The "damage" was done.

The only thing that saved the one sock was that the first sock was already completed.

I'm sure IT is not perfect either,
but I wasn't about to rip back a finished sock.
THAT would be crazy.

11 comments:

  1. Sorry but I had to laugh at the thought of you sitting there rocking in your pjs tearing into all those poor defenseless socks. Not really funny I know but....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of late-night knitting sessions due to insomnia, but it never occurred to me to make them into frogging sessions. I don't like to frog, so it probably would not help my insomnia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I don't go for perfect. If I need perfect, I'll get store-bought. Glad one survived the purge... and one of my favourites too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing is perfect! Do not make drastic decisions in the middle of the night.

    The surviving sock is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! The remaining one is gorgeous. Sorry the frogs came out in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the delicateness of your sock :) I don't mind frogging if I am not happy with the project, I know to not frog in anger though!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such is life. But the surviving sock will make one very lovely pair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not funny but a bit entertaining...sigh. Sorry for the lack of good sleep; I don't do well without a good night's sleep!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes you got to frog it if you are unhappy with it in the long run it is better. I love how the sock is looking, that pattern is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, isn't that sock yarn Zauberball Crazy , just sayin' , lol . If you're not happy with it , rip is my motto . God knows I have done enough of that lately . I do love your socks , that is such a pretty colour way . They will be gorgeous when they're finished .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! You didn't? Sure glad to saved Melanie!

    ReplyDelete