Friday, August 4, 2017

DUDE!

Remember THIS guy?
Yeah . . . he was kind of annoying,
but kind of compelling in an odd way.

And ..........Dudes I GOT A DELL!

On Tuesday night my HP Inspiron up and died. No warning. No wheezing, sneezing, or whining.
Just dead.

Due to space constraints, Steve and I use our laptops on our dining room table. When dinner time came along, I put my HP to sleep, closed the lid and put it down (softly --- I didn't TOSS it) on the carpeted floor.

After supper I opened up the lid and it didn't wake up. I tried re-starting it. It didn't BOOT up. I GOOGLED ...I tried hard reset. Nothing worked. It would NOT power up. 


So, DUDES, I'm working on a new laptop.
I didn't intend to buy one quite so soon, so I went a little more budget friendly.

It doesn't have ALL the bells and whistles of my last laptop,
but that's okay.

It's got enough.

Hopefully, this one will have a good, long life.

15 comments:

  1. So sad! Hope that the new one goes well for a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, so sorry about your HP dying. I hope your new Dell last a long time. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh....it will be a good thing when you get it figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I had my pretty red Dell laptop for seven before I retired her. She still works but was in and out of The Geek Squad hospital too much there at the end. I still have her though. The only thing she can still do is itunes. My little Chromebook can't do that. The Mister just got one of Dell's mini desktops and it's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! I'm sorry your old one died but how exciting to have an excuse to buy a new one :) may you have many happy years together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Dell laptop, and we get along just fine - I hope you'll have the same experience. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you didn't lose any important files! I just switched over from my Dell to a Surface... still getting used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom had a Dell desktop, and it lasted a good long time. We haven't had much luck with HP stuff. My laptop was supplied by work and it's an IBM Thinkpad - and I think it's darn near indestructible! You would not believe what it's been through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Few things are worse than the black screen! I hope you've faithfully backed up all your files.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love that you don't need all the bells and whistles . You are a wise woman. Congrats and welcome new computer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello new computer! Please treat Dee nicely. And don't annoy Giroux!

    Hope this one lasts a long time for you Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's how my last computer died....one minute it was here the next it wasn't. It just went dark...no good byes...no nice knowing you. LOL Glad you were able to replace it right away though. Enjoy your new one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the purple yarn, love the new laptop and of course so glad you are loving your new workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's too bad about your old laptop, hopefully you didn't lose anything! that is exciting to get a new one though, hope you are enjoying your DELL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhhh the blue screen of death!
    Good luck with your new lap top, may it have a long and happy life :-)

    ReplyDelete