Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Tuesday

Really descriptive title, eh?

This is how my day started.

For seven days, I'm goin' BIONIC!

I just have to remember it's not a game of "beat that number",
although I will admit . . . watching the little line go down is kind of fun.

I'm supposed to eat like I normally would (to get the most accurate results).
As I told Steve today ........well, I guess I'm gonna rat myself out with a piece
of cake one of these days.

But, THAT'S REALITY FOLKS!
Some days there is CAKE!

There's also knitting.

The doctor's office was mighty full and most of the people
were griping about the wait time.

Not me.

I had KNITTING.

This sock was going to be Hermione's Everyday Socks,
but it looked awful.

So it is going to be . . . WAIT FOR IT . . .

another pair of Pin Striped Socks.

You know .... an awful lot of the people in the waiting room were watching what I was doing.
I think they wished THEY had brought knitting too.

It sure does make the time pass much more pleasantly.

.........

As a reward for being a brave little warrior at the doctor,
I treated myself.

(No, not cake)

I went to the good bookstore and bought myself . . .

You're not the only one looking forward to autumn, Vera.
I'm right there with 'ya!

13 comments:

  1. I brought my knitting to renew my license today... so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a long wait for an appt. this week also. I so wish I knew how to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, recently my doctor moved to a new location. It seems since he moved the wait time was nothing. Your sock color reminds me of fall. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing is better than knitting for passing the time. I am so ready for fall...95 here again today and humidity you could cut with a knife. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yow! You are brave!! our weather is just like Deb's. Last night I went out on the patio to talk with Fletch and Colin. it was about 6:00. I was immediately covered in sweat running down ALL OVER me. I actually had to sit down because I thought I was going to pass out. Not fun. I went inside and turned the oven on for dinner. Oy vey. I'm dreaming of chili and roasting a chicken, etc., etc. I bet there are some yummy recipes in that magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beginning of the sock - the yarn is gorgeous with all the colors sprinkled together.

    I hope your tests went well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book looks fun. Except, as a teacher, autumn is the last thing I want to think about!
    I say eat normally. There's no win in pretending when it comes to health.
    I used to struggle so much with waiting, but knitting has totally transformed it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color of the socks-it looks Fall-ish, too, so the Book shows what time of year you favor!
    I had my knitting at the dr's today and it kept my blood pressure down when they were running an hour behind!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hot hot hot here too. I'm right there with everyone looking forward to fall and that magazine looks like just the ticket to escape with till it gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find if I pack my bag full of stuff to do, I don't have to wait as much. If I forget to bring entertainment, well then, I'm waiting forever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoping this gadget is the perfect thing for you and brings you good results and good news. Cake? Well of course there is cake on occasion. Good for you to use the time in the waiting area well. I LOVE Your choice of pattern

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! And I was so impressed with your pin-stripe socks, that I'm making a pair myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Autumn? Is that a season, I don't remember it. Good luck Bionic woman.

    ReplyDelete