Sunday, July 30, 2017

Sunday in the City

I got to meet a blogging friend today.

All the way from Canada ....it's Danielle.
(She hasn't blogged in awhile. She's on Instagram now.)

After much thought we decided we've been blog/Instagram/Facebook buddies for 6 or 7 years.

It was great to finally meet up.
Although, as she will tell you, too . . . it wasn't easy.

I picked a place to meet up that was sort of between where she was staying and where I live. It was a nice little cafe/coffee shop that I had been to once. It's a little north of me in an historic area near the river. I was a little uncertain of where I was going, but figured I'd just trust GPS to get me there.

Problem 1 ---- it rained last night. It rained in biblical proportions. Roads between here and there were flooded. Both of us finally worked our way around the problem areas only to find out ....

Problem 2 --- the cafe wasn't open. They are in the midst of a remodel. (Wouldn't it have been nice if they had mentioned this on their Facebook page?)

So ........Danielle piled into my car and we headed back to my side of town. We had a lovely brunch at a local Mexican dive and then it was coffee and knitting/stitching time.

But, really, we all know what went on,
a whole lotta talking and very little stitching.

When I took Danielle back to here car,
we did get to check out this girl...
I'm assuming the bright red lip and toes mean it IS a girl.
If not ....sorry dude.

And right across the street from the turtle was ...

... another Little Free Library.

It was a very special Sunday in the city.

9 comments:

  1. As lucky as you were to meet her she was very lucky to meet you. I should know! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!!! I love that little library what a nice idea. I could fill one up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to meet fellow bloggers! I'm glad you "found" each other, had a good visit, and discovered another Free Little Library!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had such a great time and that you managed to navigate all of the obstacles in your way. The meeting was obviously meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, except for the problem with initial logistics, it sounds like a great day!

    I hope I'll get to meet you sometime, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great picture of you two! Glad you were able to meet up and have time together. The red lipped and red toed turtle is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! I'm so glad you overcame so many ripples to get together! What a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how sweet and you both are lovely! I love to meet blog friends in real life :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great to meet up with a blogging friend, lovely photo of the two of you :-)
    I love the Little Free Library box, i'm trying to convince Mark that we should have one outside our house,
    he's not having it at the moment, lol

    ReplyDelete