Saturday, July 15, 2017

Saturday

There wasn't a cloud in the sky today and we had errands to run.

Steve needed to go to the public library.

I had a book I wanted to leave in the Little Free Library.

We both wanted some lunch.

Maybe some coffee to be had after lunch.

The apartment complex we live in is renovating the parking garage and finding a good spot is a bit of a challenge. We found a good spot. We were reluctant to use the car and maybe LOSE our spot. So, we decided to walk.

First stop . . . the Little Free Library on Herschel. I intended to drop off Hillbilly Elegy and not get a book. But, there was a book inside that I just couldn't resist.

It's a big, thick book and added a lot of weight to my backpack.
Hopefully, it will be worth it in the end.

Second stop was the Jacksonville Public Library so Steve could return his book and get a new one. While he browsed, I went to the magazine room. They have a nice collection of Craft Ideas magazine. I love browsing through those. Sadly, the current edition is the last one. They are not publishing after this last one. 

Then it was time for some lunch.
We originally were going for Thai, but the Thai place doesn't open until dinner time.
We hit the vegan place instead.

The menu is a little confusing for this non-vegan,
but I threw a virtual dart and ended up with a very tasty vegan, gluten-free sandwich
and a lovely mint green iced tea.

Turns out it is a quinoa patty with pickled squash and sprouts.
The pickled veggies were amazing. I almost cried when I saw a guy throwing his veggies away.

Steve wanted to know why you would go to a vegan place
if you didn't want to eat vegetables.

I figure he was dragged there by a vegan friend.

And, then there was COFFEE and of course, KNITTING.

What's in the bag???


The sock d'jour is the red/white/blue one that I started on July 4th.
You may notice it's not quite as long as you may have expected.

Yes .........it was frogged back.

Apparently a two row pattern is sometimes beyond my capabilites.

All in all, we walked about 4 miles,
saved gas
and saved our parking space.

12 comments:

  1. Mmmmm....I just had a homemade bean burger with fresh salsa myself and it was gooooood! I am too lazy to be completely vegan but there are good things to be had. Just don't ask me to give up cheese. There must be cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice you made a trip to the libraries. The burger looks so good! and healthy! I don't understand why he would toss his vegetables at a vegan restaurant or any restaurant for that matter. I have been trying to eat more healthy and I am starting to really appreciate vegetables again and think it is better to fill up on veggies than other things. Yay coffee and knitting! <3 have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sock is nice... but LOVE that bag!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day to be out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes a one-row pattern is beyond my abilities!
    What a lovely day. And all those calories burned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you've got me graving a quinoa patty......and it's 2:00 AM....not good. That book looks interesting. I would have had to check it out too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful day Dee. Your lunch looks so good, and love that sock (and the bag!!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great day, and what a fun find at the little library!

    I am always intrigued by people who will eat veggies *in* something, but not on their own ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, sounds like a nice day and walk. The lunch looks yummy, I love mint tea. I like the cute sock and your kitty bag. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOunds like a very nice Saturday. I went and got furniture from a friend who was giving it to my oldest son. I had to rent a van to get it but lucky for me John and Jake were able to come along for all the heavy lifting. I went to Criativity to buy her a gift certificate and did not look at yarn, a first I know. Today has been about pressure washing and shopping for a new little one in my family, oh and starting a new project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not vegan or gluten-free but that sandwich does look good! Ha on the sock....sometimes simple is too much; I agree!

    ReplyDelete