It's Monday and you know how THAT goes!
1. This summer I have no . . .
House. I truly thought we would have found one by now and I'm not going to lie. It's a little frustrating.
We are looking in a specific neighborhood of Jacksonville, and there are just not many houses listed and certainly not a lot in our price range.
2. My favorite state in the United States is. . .
I'm sure this will not be a surprise to anyone . . . Pennsylvania.
3. My favorite summer scent for lotion or soap is . . .
Lilac followed closely by lavender.
4. My favorite art, craft, state or county fair is . . .
The best one I've ever been to is the Allentown State Fair in Allentown, PA. But, the Riverside Arts Market right here in Jacksonville is more accessible. It is every Saturday morning under the I-95 bridge along the St. Johns River. It's about a 1/2 mile walk from our apartment.
It's small, but it's fun for people watching and for buying locally grown or made items.
5. What is the most number of times you have frogged a single skein of yarn?
Hmm...that's a hard one. It's probably a pretty high number ........7? Maybe more. I'm nothing if not persistent.
6. No matter how hot it gets, I have to . . .
Knit. The knitting NEVER stops.
|This is Velvet Elvis. Giroux would like you to know he's NOT TOUCHING IT!|
(At least not when I have eyeballs on him.)
7. I enjoyed this comic strip as a kid . . .
Like an awful lot of people . . . Peanuts.
8. The last thing I ate that was red, white and blue was?
Probably one of those rocket ice pops way back when the Good Humor man came through our neighborhood sometime in the sixties.
9. If I could create a summer yarn and name it, it would be named?
I would name it Just Wait .......it would be a mix of yellows, blues, greys and white. As the old saw goes .....if you don't like the weather . . . Just Wait. In a Florida summer day we can be sun shiny one moment and thunderstorming the next.
10. Name the last drive in movie you saw.
Nicholas and Alexandra in 1971.
That's it for this week.
Wishing everyone a safe and happy Independence Day!