You know the drill . . .
1. Do you remember a bad sunburn?
Oh my, YES! Surprisingly, my worst burn was back when I lived in Pennsylvania. But, I will admit, I've had my share here in Florida too.
2. What is the last game you played?
Apples to Apples or Farkle. Friends had a get together and we played a couple of different games. I don't remember which game we played last, but it was one of those two.
3. Do you have a statue in your house of any kind.
I have two ----
|I have a small version of this gargoyle -- Dedo|
He is a tiny replica of one on Notre Dame Cathedral.
My Dedo is about 3" tall.
|And this one that we call LeRoy.|
His real name is LeBeau and he graces Biltmore in Asheville, North Carolina.
I love them both. I'm sorry to say LeRoy had a little accident this past spring. He fought the concrete porch and the concrete porch won. LeRoy now has one wonky ear. We ♥ him in spite of it.
4. Have you seen the new needle that threads your safety line for lace?
No. Haven't heard about it. Sounds like it could be a very useful tool.
5. Why do they call them point protectors when they are really stitch protectors keeping your stitches from falling off?
In my opinion, they are both. I've dropped some of my double point needles on pavement or concrete and it really ruins the tips. But, I agree . . . they mostly protect stitches from running wild.
6. What kind of knitting has dominated your summer knitting?
As usual, socks .... summer, fall, winter, spring . . . it is socks. (However, spoiler alert ---- I not only have a lace shawl on the needles, I am knitting a GARMENT!)
7. Have you seen an ice cream truck this summer?
Yes, indeedy ......we were going one way on the Mathews Bridge and he was going the other. His catchy little tune was stuck in my head the rest of the evening. LOL
8. Cold summer salad preference: Pasta? Bean? Fruit?
Fruit .............love a melon salad with lime and mint OR with a sprinkle of some fine balsamic reduction that my friend Sue gave to me.
9. Your favorite summer sandals are made by . . .
It used to be Clark's leather flip-flops, but I have given up sandals after having to run through rain and finding out the inner sole of the Clark's was VERY slippery and I almost fell running for the car.
I now wear a pair of Clark's Privo that I found at the consignment shop for $18.00. They were never worn and I adore them. $18.00 bucks people. Who is the SHOPPER WOMAN???? THIS GIRL!
I also have a pair of black and white Keens that I use when we go kayaking and sometimes for walking around, but the Clark's Privos have my heart.
10. Do you have a favorite old photograph taken in the summer?
I have a favorite photo of me water skiing when I was about 10 years old. I don't have it anymore though. We have "passed the box". When Stephen was here at Christmas, he became the new keeper of the photographs.