Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Riding the Wave of Fugly

Seriously, I DO NOT have the words to tell you just how badly it went when I made socks with this yarn.

One side of the sock looked like a tribute to John Deere.


The other side looked like camouflage for hiding in a mud puddle.

The only thing I could do is hope for the best
and cast on a hat.


Really, not bad at all as a hat.
And, it is soft and squishy ... just the right stuff for a chemo hat.

So, a hat (or two) is what it shall be.
There is a hella lot of yarn in this skein.

15 comments:

  1. I love how the yarn is striping on the hat. I saw a LOT OF John Deere green on the farm, as my brother exclusively bought JD tractors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yarn has to be what yarn wants to be......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yarn does have a mind of its own...looking good as a hat. What pattern is that? I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how much a different stitch count can change how a yarn looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look like a good hat. Sometimes sock yarn has NO intention of being socks ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate it when sock yarn makes ugly socks! Frustrating!!
    The hat will be put to good use, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you have it figured out! What pattern? Am I seeing a cable?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so enchanting as a hat! Good decision!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pooling can make or break a project. The yarn works great as a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you certainly tamed that beast! The hat will be just wonderful. A swirl hat looks perfect and the yellow edge is great Dee. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with everyone else, that yarn is perfect for a hat. You are one smart cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea Dee. It does look John Deere-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the description of the yarn. It will make an awesome hat.

    ReplyDelete